- About us
- United Nations
- Services for Australians
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Information regarding Visas and Citizenship
The Australian Embassy in Geneva, Switzerland does not process visa or citizenship applications. For clients resident in Switzerland visa processing is undertaken electronically through the online ‘eVisa’ service, or by processing centres in Australia, or by the immigration office at the Australian Embassy in Berlin, Germany.
Planning a holiday in Australia?
If you hold a passport from the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or Vatican City you can apply electronically free of charge for a visa to visit Australia for a holiday.
Holiday Information (this link directs to our embassy in London)
Visa and Citizenship information
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) provides a website with information about Australian visas and citizenship. This information is available in English.
This website contains comprehensive information about the range of visa products, eligibility, forms, fees and application procedures. For most visa types there are checklists and step-by-step guides to help you make your application.
Immigration Office Berlin, Germany
The immigration office in Berlin processes the following visas for clients resident in Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City.
- Visitor visas (for passport holders who cannot apply online)
- Working Holiday Maker visas (for passport holders who cannot apply online)
- Short Stay Business visas (for passport holders who cannot apply online)
- Transit visa
- Student visas (for passport holders who cannot apply online)
- Temporary Work visas
- Resident Return visas
- Partner Migration
- Child Migration
- Other Family Migration
For further information please refer to the Berlin website: www.germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/Visas_and_Migration.html
Citizenship by Descent processing office London, UK
The immigration office in London processes citizenship by descent applications for clients resident in Andorra, Ascension Island, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Falkland Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saint Helena, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.
For further information please refer to the London website: www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/citz_europe.html
The Europe Service Centre is a multi-lingual client contact centre based in London which provides information about Australian visas and citizenship.
Phone numbers are available in the following countries:
- Austria 01 9287 827 (International number: +43 1 9287 827)
- Croatia 01 777 6630 (International number: +385 1 777 6630)
- France 017 215 0067 (International number: +33 17 215 0067)
- Germany 0692 2223 9958 (International number: +49 692 2223 9958)
- Hungary 061 7789 450 (International number: +3 61 7789 450)
- Italy 068 750 0780 (International number: +39 068 750 0780 )
- Poland 022 295 3626(International number: +4822 295 3626)
- Spain 91 114 7390 (International number: +34 91 114 7390)
- United Kingdom 020 7420 3690 (International number: +44 20 7420 3690)
Opening hours: 10:00 to 17:00 (CET), Mon to Fri (except all UK and some Australian public holidays).
Polish language services operate from 14:00 to 16:30 (CET)
See: Public Holidays (this link directs to our embassy in London)
If you are unable to contact us by phone you may use the online enquiry form.