- About us
- United Nations
- Services for Australians
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Do you need to attend an appointment?
- Not all applicants need to attend an interview to lodge their applications. Those who do need to attend in person are listed below.
- Appointments are conducted between 9.00am and 3.00pm Monday to Friday and must be pre-arranged by calling the Passports Office on 022 799 9147 or 022 799 9176 between 9.00am and 12.00pm, Monday to Friday.
The following passport applicants must attend an interview at the Consulate-General in Geneva:
- First adult or child Australian passport applicants
- Applicants replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- Applicants replacing an emergency or limited validity document or passports which were issued after 20 August 1986 with an original validity of less than 2 years
- Applicants replacing a passport issued prior to 20 August 1986
- Applicants applying for their first passport after resumption of their Australian citizenship
- Applicants applying for an emergency passport
NOTE: Children under 18 years of age do not have to accompany the parent lodging the application on their behalf.